A sump pump is very helpful when the basement is flooding frequently. But, what if you have a power cut and you don’t have a battery backup? What if your battery power goes off? Or What if the flow of water is more than the pump can handle? Or What if there is a leak in one of the pipes? Or what if there is a critical change in temperature? Or any other problem? The only solution for all the above problem is to install a sump pump alarm which warns you when there is an unusual function in the sump pump. Let us look at a few of the best sump pumps with alarm systems built in available in the market.
Top Rated Sump Pump Alarm Comparison Chart
Reviews of Best 5 Sump Pump Alarms
D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Water Sensor
Water leakage can happen at any time and floods your basement. Keeping an eye on the sump pump all the time is not possible. But, D-LINK DCH-S160 makes it possible by notifying you when there is any problem with the sump pump. It works with Wi-Fi sensor and notifies through a Mydlink home app. When the red light blinks, it means that something is going wrong with the pump. To make it much simpler, it pings you with a loud alarm sound signifying a problem. This service does not require you to pay a monthly fee. Let’s look through its features and specifications.
- Wi-Fi enabled water sensor.
- It pings you with a push notification when there is any leakage.
- The alarm sounds are louder up to 70 decibels. So carry on with your work without any worries.
- Blinks with red LED light when the water is deducted.
- It includes Portable 3.5 feet non-sensing and 1.65 feet sensor cables.
- Be free to set your own rules with the My dlink home app. So customize your rules as per your choice.
- Have fun by paring with any IFTTT enabled app or product. See what’s going on in your home just by installing the Mydlink home monitor.
- Easy work to setup
- No monthly fees
- It can also be paired with a Wi-Fi siren. This saves you from spending thousands of money for damage by warning with a loud noise.
- Gives you total peace of mind.
- Tells you when water was leaked or detected with timely notifications.
- The inbuilt alarm is not very loud. This pushes us towards buying a Wi-Fi siren.
- First-time users feel difficult to setup.
FreezeAlarm Homesitter Temperature, Water, Power Alarm HS-700
The temperature keeps changing from season to season. Therefore it can cause a serious effect on the pipes which is unavoidable. The only way to a solution is to prevent such damage before it causes a serious impact. Homesitter HS-700 sounds when the temperature raises to a high point or reduces to a very low point. This helps you to take actions in advance and avoid a huge loss. It also identity water leakages and notifies you through your telephone number. The main highlight is that it has the capacity to notify three different mobile or telephone numbers. Therefore even if you miss the first one, it pings you through the other number. Let us run over its features and specifications.
- It comes with two power source.
- The alarm rings when it encounters high or low temperature. It reminds you to take necessary steps immediately.
- The sensor also monitors leaky pipes, over-flowing sump pumps and prevents flooding.
- The alarm sounds when there is a power cut.
- Calls atleast three telephone or mobile numbers when there is any problem (it requires a digital or standard telephone line).
- The alarm starts ringing when the battery is very low.
- Setup process and the test is simple.
- Notifies with voice instruction.
- If you miss the first call, it reminds you through alternative numbers.
- Considerably cheaper price.
- Doesn’t work with some of the mobile networks.
Basement Watchdog BWC1 Basement Watchdog Dual Float Sump Pump Switch with Controller
Watchdog BWCI comes with double floats which kick starts the sump pump. If one fails to do its job the other one will automatically float and will kick-start the sump pump. Therefore the question of flooding does not arise. You can place the float level as per your choice. The process involved in the installation is very simple. Let us skip into its features and specifications.
- With the help of protective cage, debris and wires do not interfere the float movement.
- There are two floats for further protection. If the first one fails to float, then the second float activates the sump pump. Float two provides added redundancy.
- It is compatible with most of the sump pumps.
- It includes hose clamp which helps you to easily install floats at any level.
- The pump will be activated automatically.
- Normally the pump will run for extra 10 seconds for draining excess water.
- Easy installation process is involved.
- Dual float protects from the flood.
- Easily adjustable to any height.
- Safe switch.
- Long cord is provided.
- Debris guard enhances its life.
In/Outdoor High Water Alarm w/ Pilot Light and Horn for Septic / Sump / Pond
This alarm is made for both indoor and outdoor use. It is very useful when there is a high water level or in case of pump failure. When it notices any water, it will notify you immediately through an alarming sound or through a text message or through e-mail. Unlike other models, this one does not have a battery backup but is able to send alerts even during power cuts and lack of internet connection. This is made possible with the help of server-side backup facility. It also has 5 years of guarantee. The following are the features and specifications.
- It includes LED pilot light which warns you when there is a change in water level. It also has a longer life.
- The alarm is louder with 90 decibel sound.
- It has weatherproof technology and other elements which is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- For customer mounting, it has 4 rear mounting holes.
- It also contains 10-foot float switch cord from alarm to the sump pump.
- It is suitable to function efficiently from -40 degree to 140 degree Fahrenheit.
- It has a mercury-free float switch.
- Compatible with computer or mobile or tablet.
- Sends voice notification alert.
- It has a creative server-side backup battery. Therefore no worry when there is a power cut.
- The construction is durable.
- Loud enough to hear the alarm sound.
- Also sends text messages.
- The Wi-Fi connection method requires some bettering.
- There is some monitoring fee applicable.
Glentronics, Inc. BWD-HWA Basement Watchdog Water Sensor and Alarm
It is the best alarm which detects water as soon as the water level raises. It helps to pocket your money by detecting the problem in advance. It also helps to detect other water leakages, breakage of pipes and so on. Literally, by installing this alarm, you are free from the trouble caused by failure of the sump pump. It also provides a warranty period of 5 years. Therefore you can replace any parts at free of cost during the warranty period. It has the highest rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars (1241 reviews) in amazon store. Let us run over the features and specification of the product.
- It detects water and warns you as soon as the water level is 1/32” deep.
- The sound of the alarm is very loud up to 110db which can be heard throughout the house.
- The sensor has a 6 feet wire which can be extended upto (100 feet) sump tank or mounted on a wall.
- With the battery saver feature, it can last approximately for 2-4 years by keeping the battery fresh. This feature uses the energy, only when the alarm is ringing.
- The circuitry which is in a solid state is extremely sensitive and reliable.
- Reliable for a longer period.
- Louder alarm sound.
- None whatsoever.
How to choose The Good Sump Pump Alarm:
“Prevention is better than cure”, agree with this saying? Yes, before your sump pump gets fully damaged due to water problems, don’t you think it is your duty to save your sump pump before it gets damaged? If you think so, then sump pump alarm is the only solution. But how to choose such one? With no waiting, let’s skip to 8 important factors that you need to consider before choosing an alarm.
Sump pump alarm simply notifies you when there is a water leakage, power cut, overflowing, change in temperature or any other defects. But not all alarms do the same job. Therefore know what your main requirement is. Because each alarm is best for its own features and lacks another. Therefore by knowing your requirement, you can choose the right one.
- Wi-Fi connectivity:
In order to receive notification, or to connect with a siren, or to connect with an app you need to have a Wi-Fi connectivity. Therefore Wi-Fi is a required feature in a sump pump alarm. It also helps to customise the features of alarm through the application as per your need.
- Loud alarm:
This is the most important feature among all. Only when the sound is loud, you can hear the alarm and take necessary steps. Therefore choose a loud one. You can also connect it to a siren using Wi-Fi connectivity for a louder sound.
- Mobile/ email notification:
When you are out of your house, Wi-Fi connectivity is not reachable. Therefore choose an alarm which can ping you using voice call or text messages or through email. This can help you from serious risk even when you are out of your home.
This is a common feature that any customer will look for. Therefore go for a popular and long lasting alarm. Don’t be rational while spending money. Because if you go for an unreliable product (considering low price) it might lead to a bigger risk when the alarm fails to fulfill its work.
- Customizable alarm:
Based on your need go for a customisable alarm. There are applications (D-LINK DCH-S160 uses Mydlink home app) which are connected to the alarm through the Wi-Fi network and can be customisable as per your need.
Do consider the warranty period provided. Because you can replace the product at no cost during such period.
Know whether you need it for indoor or outdoor use. Few alarms are specially made for indoor usage rather than outdoor usage and vice versa.
There are plenty of alarms available in the market. Each and every one has their own merits and demerits. Based on your need match with the right one. One can be the best alarm if it satisfies your need. Hopefully, our list can give you all necessary information about the product and guide you to match your requirements with the right one. Consider all the above mentioned features before buying an alarm. Choose the best and have a peaceful life.